BLUE DANUBE DREAM CRUISE
This March 2017, Azzurro Dream Travel is proud to offer this beautiful cruise along the Danube River, featuring top destinations such as Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest, and more! Relax in our exquisite cruise ship, the Amadeus Brilliant, and choose quality accommodations aboard to suit your budget.
MARCH 22, 2017 -- APRIL 1, 2017
*optional excursions are in local currency
*price dependent on cruise ship accommodations (see photo below)
DAY 1: FLIGHT TO MUNICH, GERMANY
Board your overnight flight from the USA to Munich, Germany airport (not included)!
DAY 2: LEONARDO ROYAL, MUNICH - Dinner
- Arrival at Munich Airport and transfer to hotel.
- After check-in and a little rest, we will take an orientation drive through Munich.
- If time permits, we will take a walk through the Old Town Square.
- We’ll make our way to the world famous Hofbräuhaus (the National Brewery of Munich) for our welcome dinner and traditional Bavarian entertainment ... and lots of beer!
DAY 3: AMADEUS BRILLIANT, DANUBE - SALZBURG - Breakfast, Dinner
- After breakfast, we will depart for Passau, the “City of 3 Rivers” to board the Amadeus Brilliant.
- Along the way, we will stop in Salzburg before proceeding to the ship. We will take a walking tour of the city that was the setting for the 1966 movie, “The Sound of Music” and famous also for the Mozart Balls and fantastic chocolate pastries.
- Once aboard our ship (home for the next 7 days), we will be introduced to the crew and enjoy a welcome cocktail with your cruise director and captain.
- Ship departs early in the evening for Regensburg.
- This evening, the captain invites you to attend an elegant dinner onboard.
Note: Sunday Mass will be arranged either Saturday evening and/or Sunday morning.
DAY 4: AMADEUS BRILLIANT, DANUBE - REGENSBURG - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- When we awake, we will be in Regensburg. Some may want to attend Mass at St. Peter’s Cathedral. We will take a guided walking tour (with headsets) of the picturesque town, including Town Hall and the stone bridge that has spanned the Danube since the 12th century.
- Dinner will be onboard the Amadeus Brilliant.
- We will party and enjoy some Bavarian folklore while the ship departs back to Passau.
DAY 5: AMADEUS BRILLIANT, DANUBE - PASSAU & LINZ - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Following breakfast, we will spend most of the morning enjoying a walking tour of Passau, (known as the city of three rivers where the Danube, the Inn, and the Ilz rivers meet). You can admire the Baroque treasures and browse the little shops of this beautiful, historic town.
- Afterwards, we will stop in Linz where we can explore this quaint riverside village.
- During the evening, the ship departs Linz for the Wachau valley.
- Dinner will be onboard the ship.
- Entertainment and live music all evening!
DAY 6: AMADEUS BRILLIANT, DANUBE - VIENNA - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Melk - Emmersdorf - Weissenkirchen - Vienna.
- This morning we arrive in the heart of the famous cultural landscape of the Wachau valley.
- The included tour of the majestic Benedictine Abbey of Melk, founded in 1089, is highly recommended. You can visit the prelature, the marble hall and, of course, the incredible abbey library where some of the world’s most important manuscripts are stored.
- Afterwards we re-board our ship and proceed to Weissenkirchen. We pass castles and fortifications from the middle ages as we proceed downstream to the capital city of Vienna.
- Upon return to the ship, we will have a glass of wine (or two) and enjoy onboard entertainment!
- The ship remains in port overnight in Vienna.
DAY 7: AMADEUS BRILLANT, DANUBE - VIENNA - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- In the morning, we will visit to the Hofburg Palace, the State Opera, the Parliament, the Burg Theater and the world’s 2nd oldest Austrian university, followed by a stroll through the oldest part of the city and pedestrian area. You will have free time to explore the 450-ft. tall St. Stephen’s cathedral … and ample time to visit the many shops including the world famous Svarovsky’s.
- After dinner, we will have entertainment onboard the ship and perhaps a “midnight-snack” in the early morning hours as we sail to Bratislava.
- Optional: For passengers who would like to attend the Vienna Opera this evening, we need to take advanced reservations and payments before the trip. Pricing and seating will be available before we leave for our vacation.
DAY 8: AMADEUS BRILLANT, DANUBE - BRATISLAVA - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- In the morning, we arrive in the Slovakian capital of Bratislava and after a leisurely morning, we enjoy a walking tour through the city. You will have plenty of time to explore in the afternoon.
- Tonight, your captain invites you for a Gala Dinner as your ship sails on to Hungary.
- There will be dancing and entertainment all evening!
DAY 9: AMADEUS BRILLIANT, DANUBE - BUDAPEST - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Most of this morning we will cruise the Danube on our way to Budapest enjoying the beautiful scenery of the Hungarian countryside. There will be plenty of onboard activities (and food) to enhance our journey.
- In the afternoon, our ship arrives in Budapest.
- From the water, you can enjoy fascinating views of the splendid skyline of the city. Impressive buildings on both sides, which you can visit during our city tour tomorrow.
- During your last evening on board we will bid farewell to the captain and his crew while enjoy some lively Hungarian folklore and dancing after our farewell dinner.
- As the grand finale, we take an “Illuminations Cruise” through the city.
- The ship remains in port overnight in Budapest.
Note: Euros are not accepted in Hungary. You can either use credit cards or get currency from an ATM. Hungarian currency is the Forint.
DAY 10: BUDAPEST, BEST WESTERN HOTEL - Breakfast, Dinner
- After breakfast, we will say “Ciao” to our ship and our luggage will be transported to the hotel.
- We will start a full day tour of the city of Buda and Pest. The program features a visit to the Parliament, Fisherman’s bastion (with its medieval ramparts) and St. Matthew’s church on the Castle Hill. We will have some free time to explore Budapest before returning to the hotel.
- There will be surprises in store for us before having our final dinner of the trip. Live music and good wine is included … of course!
DAY 11: DEPARTURE - Breakfast
- After breakfast, we will proceed to the airport for departure back to the USA.
- You will arrive in the United States on Saturday afternoon or evening (local time).
PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary is illustrative and not a complete list of every item included/ not included. For more information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions on the Azzurro Dream Travel website or contact us.